Monday, June 20, 2011

CSE 612 Day 1

Day 1 of class was a little bit of an eye opener for me.  I had no idea that so few companies ran so many media outlets.  I have always known that the large companies associated with TV generally merge, somewhat naturally, with multiple cable channels, movies, and even radio.  I had no idea that they are also involved in everything from publishing to appliances to sports teams.  I can say that I am cynical by nature and tend to listen to ads with a skeptical ear, but with so many ways to get to me...how can I say what the influence really is?  I can say for certain that I am intrigued.

1 comment:

  1. You're right -- it's hard to know how much we have been influenced. It's probably safe to say that we have all been influenced more than we think (or more than we would like to believe!)

    ReplyDelete