Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 9 Post

Today we looked at he stereotypes that are portrayed in media.  The look at Disney was eye opening because they do feed into so many stereotypes that need to be removed from society...yet we allow it...no we promote it by supporting Disney films.  In many ways it is light hearted but it helps promote some very hurtful ideas.

When I looked at the way that our media portrays People in the Middle East, Muslims, and Persians, I was especially blown away.  I really truly appreciate that I had the opportunity to look at this and address my own biases about people in that region of the world.  I know that I have been influenced by the constant bombardment of negative media.  I try not to associate negative ideas about the Middle East but it is all I know.  I am just glad that I can address it within myself now.

Thanks Mary Bucy

No comments:

Post a Comment